Opened in 1958 as Hughes Junior High, today it is home to administrative offices for Bismarck Public Schools, along with South Central High School – an alternative high school.
Named for Edmond Hughes, a local entrepreneur known for founding Hughes Electric with his father, and for his real estate investments. He collaborated with local architect Arthur Van Horn in the construction of numerous historic buildings in Bismarck, including the Van Horn / Prince Hotel.
Learn more about Bismarck schools here: http://www.bismarckcafe.com/blogs/?page_id=75
Slumberland Furniture opened its Bismarck store sometime in the mid-1990s, providing the first true...
Main Avenue in Downtown Bismarck
Main Avenue in Downtown Bismarck between 5th & 4th Streets, seen here are various...
Taco John’s on State Street
The Taco John’s on State Street in Bismarck, North Dakota. Opened in 1989, this...
Opened in 2013 after the 2012 closure of Burger King, which had operated in...
Dans Supermarket at Sunrise Town Centre
Opened in January 2015, this was the sixth Dan’s Supermarket location in Bismarck-Mandan. Dan’s...