The north Dan’s Supermarket opened in March 2003 – replacing its Gateway Mall location located 2 blocks south, which had opened in 1975. Today, there are 4 Dan’s stores in Bismarck-Mandan, and one in Dickinson.
Dan’s has its roots back to 1949, when Roy Rockstad & Eugene “Bus” Leary purchased the local Piggly Wiggly and converted it to Bismarck Supervalu, the precursor to Dan’s Supervalu, which eventually became Dan’s Supermarket.
Click here to learn more about Dan’s Supermarket and its history.
Horizon Market, located at Washington & Durango in northwest Bismarck.
GALLERY40 Steak + Seafood
40 Steak + Seafood (formerly Caspar’s East 40; East 40 Chophouse & Tavern) is...
Seeds of Hope Thrift Store
The northwest corner of 4th and Main, featuring Seeds of Hope Thrift Store. The...
Kirkwood Mall Interior in 2009
Kirkwood Mall drastically changed Bismarck’s retail landscape when Paul Wachter opened it in April...
McCabe United Methodist Church
Located on the corner of 6th Street & Boulevard Avenue across from the Capitol....
Bearscat Bakehouse (Formerly The Donut...
Located on State Street in Bismarck, North Dakota. The Donut Hole was founded in...