GALLERYPatterson Hotel/McKenzie Hotel
Opened New Year’s Day, 1911 as the McKenzie Hotel and officially renamed Patterson in...
Hobby Lobby Store
Building constructed in 1980 to house Dan’s Supervalu. After Dan’s relocated its store two...
Hansen’s Furniture Store (closed)
Closed in 2005, this was home to Hansen’s Furniture since 1959. It has sat...
GALLERY40 Steak + Seafood
40 Steak + Seafood (formerly Caspar’s East 40; East 40 Chophouse & Tavern) is...
Veteran’s Memorial Public Library
The Veteran’s Memorial Library is the current building housing the Bismarck Public Library. It...
Former A&W Rootbeer...
This building housed an A&W Drive-in Restaurant for many years before closing in the...
- Bismarck Wiki: Capital: Yankton to Bismarck (1880-1883)
- Wiki: Burleigh, Dr. Walter
- News: Bismarck’s Tempestuous Assumption as Capital
- Wiki: Alexander Hughes
- Wiki: Linda Slaughter
- Wiki: Drumstick Cafe
- Bismarck Wiki: GP Warehouse Emporium / Front Page Tavern
- Bismarck Wiki: Rock’N 50’s Cafe
- News: Springhill Suites and a restaurant to open near Bismarck Airport
- Wiki: Business History Briefs
- Mandan Wiki: Jumbo’s Drive-in
- Bismarck Wiki: Pizza Factory