The northwest corner of 4th and Main, featuring Seeds of Hope Thrift Store. The historic Patterson Hotel is also visible.
The Patterson Hotel opened New Year’s Day, 1911. It was once the tallest building in North Dakota and the state’s unofficial political headquarters for decades.
The Seeds of Hope building formerly housed Universal Motors (later McCarney Ford). In 1964, it was converted to become a second J.C. Penney location (in addition to the NW corner of 5th & Broadway). The location emphasized auto service, appliances, and hardware merchandise.
Penney’s consolidated its two store into Kirkwood Mall in 1980 as part of the mall’s Phase II expansion.
Also pictured are Luft Bar and Discontent (since closed).
Dollar Tree at Night
Pinehurst Square is a “power mall” located in northwest Bismarck with several big box...
Petco Store – Former Rex TV
Building originally housed Dan’s Supervalu. The backside of the store, pictured here, housed Rex...
Opened in 1975 as Ramada Inn, this hotel served many years as the Best...
This building initially housed Kirkwood Hardware Hank, which later became Kirkwood Ace Hardware until...
Taco John’s on State Street
The Taco John’s on State Street in Bismarck, North Dakota. Opened in 1989, this...
GALLERYWilliam Guy Federal Building
Opened in 1964, the William Guy Federal Building supplemented Bismarck’s original Federal Building (built...