- Former Mandan Teacher Scott Allan Sentenced For Promoting Obscenity To MinorsPosted 8 hours ago
- East Divide Avenue Project Completed and Road OpenedPosted 13 hours ago
- Bismarck Police Investigate Unattended Death (UPDATE: Victim Identified)Posted 1 day ago
- Kirkwood Bank & Trust RobbedPosted 1 day ago
- Preparing for Driving in Winter Weather
- Folklore Exhibits Takes to the Taube
- Scoping Out the Best Black Friday Deals
- Hacking Into Some Frugal Deals
- Meet the Bismarck City Commission Candidates
- KX Facebook Fans Share Halloween Pictures
- Ex-teacher pleads guilty to promoting obscenity
- Voters to Decide on 1 Cent Tax to Fund Williams County Fire, Police Departments
- Golfers Scare up the Golf Course
- Gas Prices at a Four-Year Low
Dakota Beer Brewery
Dakota Malting and Brewing Company was a local brewery that operated from 1961-1965. Until very recently, it was the only locally owned brewery ever in the state of North Dakota. Their flagship product was Dakota Beer, which was the name more often associated with the company.
Dakota Malting and Brewing operated out of the building located on the northwest corner of 26th Street & Main Avenue. While other breweries have existed in Bismarck throughout the years, it was the first to be locally owned – an exclusivity it held for over 40 years.
Recently, there have been at least two attempts to open locally owned breweries in Bismarck-Mandan.