- MAC’S Hardware RemodelsPosted 6 days ago
- Sickies Garage Replacing Hooter’sPosted 1 week ago
- City Officials Say Autumnfest Parade Is OnPosted 1 week ago
- Arby’s, Dickey’s Barbeque Pit, and Little Caesars Pizza Coming To MandanPosted 1 week ago
- Valley City rodeo draws 300 student competitorsSource: KX News State | 09-20
- Police: Scammers threaten if utility bill not paidSource: KX News State | 09-20
- Journal aims to stoke interest in Midwest historySource: KX News State | 09-20
- ND airports break record for August passengersSource: Bismarck Tribune State | 09-20
- Minot pumpkin estimated at more than 1,600 poundsSource: KX News State | 09-20
- North Dakota reports 17 cases of West Nile virusSource: KX News State | 09-20
- Native Americans getting final settlement paymentsSource: Bismarck Tribune State | 09-20
- North Dakota gets fed funding for pipeline safetySource: Bismarck Tribune State | 09-20
- ND, SD governors to greet wagon train in PierreSource: Bismarck Tribune State | 09-20
- Mark FoxSource: Bismarck Tribune State | 09-20
Dakota Beer Brewery
Dakota Malting and Brewing Company was a local brewery that operated from 1961-1965. Until very recently, it was the only locally owned brewery ever in the state of North Dakota. Their flagship product was Dakota Beer, which was the name more often associated with the company.
Dakota Malting and Brewing operated out of the building located on the northwest corner of 26th Street & Main Avenue. While other breweries have existed in Bismarck throughout the years, it was the first to be locally owned – an exclusivity it held for over 40 years.
Recently, there have been at least two attempts to open locally owned breweries in Bismarck-Mandan.