- Man Dies in Fatal DUI CrashSource: KFYR-TV | 07-24
- Insurers owe nearly $69,000 in refunds in NDSource: KX News State | 07-24
- Farmers Market Growers Stay BusySource: KX News Local | 07-24
- 12 piglets die after falling from semi on I-29Source: KX News State | 07-24
- Oil train derails in Seattle rail yard; no spillSource: Bismarck Tribune State | 07-24
- 12 piglets die after falling from semi on I-29Source: Bismarck Tribune State | 07-24
- Record number of lakes stocked with walleyeSource: Mandan News | 07-24
- Attorney general may sue Game and Fish employee for improper paymentsSource: Bismarck Tribune State | 07-24
- Belfield principal suspended, accused of improper conduct with studentsSource: Bismarck Tribune State | 07-24
- Crime stats trend down in MandanSource: Mandan News | 07-24
Dakota Beer Brewery
Dakota Malting and Brewing Company was a local brewery that operated from 1961-1965. For decades, it was the only locally owned brewery ever in North Dakota. Their flagship product was Dakota Beer, which was the name more often associated with the company.
Dakota Malting and Brewing operated out of the building located on the corner northwest corner of 26th Street & Main Avenue. It was not the only brewery to operate within Bismarck, but it was the only locally owned brewery.
Recently, there have been at least two attempts to open locally owned breweries in Bismarck-Mandan.