- Mandan’s Strip Receiving New Traffic LightPosted 15 hours ago
- Mattress Firm Coming to Pinehurst SquarePosted 15 hours ago
- Judge Denies Bond Reduction Request For Mandan Murder SuspectPosted 15 hours ago
- Capitol Cafe ReopensPosted 2 days ago
- Ward County Jail Packed, Some Inmates Heading to Bismarck
- Crews Respond to Combine Fire
- Business Partners Hoping To Start Downtown Valet Service
- Ricky’s Trophy Antelope
- North Dakota Drivers Have Less Pain at the Pump
- “Banking for the Food Bank” Competition Collects Thousands of Items for Local Pantry
- UTTC Community Walks Against Domestic Violence
- First lady pens book on N.D. gov. residence
- ‘Beetlejuice’ Returns to the Big Screen at Dakota Stage October 30th
- Zoo Boo At Dakota Zoo This Saturday, October 25th
Dakota Beer Brewery
Dakota Malting and Brewing Company was a local brewery that operated from 1961-1965. Until very recently, it was the only locally owned brewery ever in the state of North Dakota. Their flagship product was Dakota Beer, which was the name more often associated with the company.
Dakota Malting and Brewing operated out of the building located on the northwest corner of 26th Street & Main Avenue. While other breweries have existed in Bismarck throughout the years, it was the first to be locally owned – an exclusivity it held for over 40 years.
Recently, there have been at least two attempts to open locally owned breweries in Bismarck-Mandan.