- Mandan’s Strip Receiving New Traffic LightPosted 3 days ago
- Mattress Firm Coming to Pinehurst SquarePosted 3 days ago
- Judge Denies Bond Reduction Request For Mandan Murder SuspectPosted 3 days ago
- Capitol Cafe ReopensPosted 4 days ago
- Man charged in brother’s death from hypothermia
- Family Focus: Geeking Out at the Library
- Flying Fears in the Time of Ebola
- Political Candidates Discuss Rail Issues
- Former U.S. Attorney General Defends North Dakota Ballot Measure No. 1
- USS North Dakota Commissioning Preview
- The Strip In Mandan To Receive New Traffic Light
- 2 Minot Businesses Robbed, Possibly by Same Person
- Trinity Dietitian Has Halloween Health Tips
- Ward County Commission Candidates Speak
Dakota Beer Brewery
Dakota Malting and Brewing Company was a local brewery that operated from 1961-1965. Until very recently, it was the only locally owned brewery ever in the state of North Dakota. Their flagship product was Dakota Beer, which was the name more often associated with the company.
Dakota Malting and Brewing operated out of the building located on the northwest corner of 26th Street & Main Avenue. While other breweries have existed in Bismarck throughout the years, it was the first to be locally owned – an exclusivity it held for over 40 years.
Recently, there have been at least two attempts to open locally owned breweries in Bismarck-Mandan.