The north Dan’s Supermarket opened in March 2003 – replacing its Gateway Mall location located 2 blocks south, which had opened in 1975. Today, there are 4 Dan’s stores in Bismarck-Mandan, and one in Dickinson.
Dan’s has its roots back to 1949, when Roy Rockstad & Eugene “Bus” Leary purchased the local Piggly Wiggly and converted it to Bismarck Supervalu, the precursor to Dan’s Supervalu, which eventually became Dan’s Supermarket.
Click here to learn more about Dan’s Supermarket and its history.
Interstate Office Building
This building, located on Interstate Avenue, recently became home to Hansen’s Menswear, amongst other...
Former Bismarck Tribune Headquarters
Built in 1920, this historic building once housed the Bismarck Tribune prior to its...
Former Mr. Steak/Los Amigos/Jade Garden...
This building originally housed Mr. Steak before becoming Jade Garden in 1985. Jade Garden...
Civic Square Building in 2014
Built in 1910 as a warehouse for Bismarck Grocery Company, the Civic Square Building...