- Early Morning Commercial Structure FirePosted 18 days ago
- RCC Western Stores Becoming Boot BarnPosted 29 days ago
- Bismarck Park Board Approve Sertoma Park Bike RentalsPosted 31 days ago
- Dan’s Supermarket to Anchor New Mixed-Use DevelopmentPosted 33 days ago
- Bismarck Bests Single-Day Snowfall RecordPosted 35 days ago
Former Captain Meriwether’s Landing Building Getting Demolished
The historic building located along the Missouri River, which recently housed Captain Meriwether’s, will be demolished within weeks. Last night, the City Commission unanimously agreed that the flood-damaged building should be torn down rather than restored.
The building was originally built in 1911 as the Northern Pacific train depot for Wilton. The building was relocated to its position along the river in 1987. Captain Meriwether’s closed its doors in 2009.