- Early Morning Commercial Structure FirePosted 47 days ago
- RCC Western Stores Becoming Boot BarnPosted 58 days ago
- Bismarck Park Board Approve Sertoma Park Bike RentalsPosted 61 days ago
- Dan’s Supermarket to Anchor New Mixed-Use DevelopmentPosted 62 days ago
- Bismarck Bests Single-Day Snowfall RecordPosted 65 days ago
Clear Channel Radio Clears House: 4 Local DJs Cut
Clear Channel Communications, the country’s largest radio station operator, is implementing a sweep of layoffs across the country, affecting several popular local personalities at the company’s Bismarck-Mandan stations.
Jason Hulm of KFYR 550 AM, Genia Kelley of KQ 94.5 FM, “Uncle Jack” of Rock 101.5 FM, and Bill Hickock of KBMR 1130 AM are among those being cut. On a national scale, the Clear Channel layoffs reportedly include hundreds of radio personalities.
There’s been a national trend of shifting local programming to national or regional syndication, especially in small-to-medium-sized markets. These cuts are likely related to that ongoing strategy.