- Early Morning Commercial Structure FirePosted 48 days ago
- RCC Western Stores Becoming Boot BarnPosted 59 days ago
- Bismarck Park Board Approve Sertoma Park Bike RentalsPosted 61 days ago
- Dan’s Supermarket to Anchor New Mixed-Use DevelopmentPosted 63 days ago
- Bismarck Bests Single-Day Snowfall RecordPosted 66 days ago
AG Stenehjem Says Bidding Law Violated For Aquatic Center
North Dakota Attorney General Wayne Stenehjem ruled today that the Bismarck Park District did violate the state’s competitive bidding law when financing the installation of the $600,000+ biomass heating system at the newly constructed BSC Aquatic & Wellness Center.
Stenehjem stated that there is no designated penalty for the violation, and that the law governs the district itself and not individual employees. Park Board Director Steven Neu has been under fire for signing off on the project without obtaining public bids.
The highly anticipated, and somewhat controversial, BSC Aquatic & Wellness Center opened its doors last March.
- Parks Director Neu Suspended 3 Weeks; Keeps Job (05/20/2010)